salt & pepper, to taste
minced garlic cloves
( or to taste)
green onions, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces on a diagonal
( 5 for stir fry & 1 for garnish)
( pre-shredded or 1-2 carrots finely diced)
frozen mixed vegetables
( the small diced size)
chicken bouillon granule
( I used a leftover packet of chicken flavored seasoning from Ramen noodles as well as 1/2 packet of t)
( brown or white, but be sure it's refrigerated till cold)
low sodium soy sauce
- Trim most of the fat from bacon & chop meat into bite-sized pieces. Fry in large skillet until almost crisp. With slotted spoon, remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Set aside. Leave 1 teaspoon (or less) of the bacon grease in pan but wipe out any more than that & reduce heat to medium low.
- Lightly beat eggs, milk, salt & pepper together, then add to hot pan & scramble. Breaking up into small, 1/2 inch or so, sized pieces & cook til dried but not browned. Remove to small bowl & set aside.
- To pan, add olive oil, garlic, 5 of the sliced onions, shredded carrot & frozen veggies. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle bouillon (or packets) over veggies then add the 2 Tablespoons water & stir to dissolve.
- To pan, add rice, soy sauce & sesame oil. Stir fry for about 3 minutes or until rice is evenly coated with the soy sauce.
- Stir in bacon pieces.
- Gently stir in scrambled egg.
- Garnish with last sliced green onion.
- Serve with additional soy sauce, sesame oil or chili oil.