Cornish hens, split lengthwise
1 3/4 teaspoons
fresh ground black pepper
cucumbers, peeled, cubed
fresh fresh cilantro stems
garlic cloves, peeled
- Position rack in top third of oven; preheat to 450°F
- Arrange hens, skin side up, on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Finely grind cumin and next 3 ingredients in spice mill.
- Brush hens with oil.
- Sprinkle on both sides with spice mixture.
- Roast hens until cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in processor.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.