For the baked figs
roasted walnut, coarsely chopped
( 25 grams)
( 120 grams)
For the sauce
( 80 mls)
brown sugar, firmly oacked
( 75 grams)
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C if fan-forced.
- Cut the figs, from the top, into quarters. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Open slightly ( to look like a flower) . Place on a baking tray.
- Combine the nuts, cheese and sugar in a small bowl. Divide the mixture and place into the top of the opened figs.
- Cook figs, uncovered, about 10 minutes -- or until the figs are heated thru.
- Meanwhile, combine the sauce, butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Stir over heat until the sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- To assemble- place 2 figs in each serving dish. Drizzle over the caramel sauce.