sweet Italian sausage
( or other sweet)
1 (28 ounce) cans
minced garlic cloves
red pepper flakes
extra virgin olive oil
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large fryig pan.
- Remove sausage from casing and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Peel onion and slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- After heating oil in large fryinng pan, add italian sausage.
- Once the italian sausage is browned, add the onions and garlic.
- Cook until onions are transluccent.
- Add tomatoes, undrained.
- Add all spices and mix thoroughly - taking care not to break up sausage.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to medium low.
- Cover tightly.
- Wash squash
- Slice squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove cover.
- Add squash into sauce and stir lightly.
- Replace cover.
- Turn down burner to low.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice or pasta.