2 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
angel food cake
- Wash and cut strawberries in half in a bowl. Add Amaretto and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and allow the mixture to sit.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces into the cream cheese and whipping cream mixture.
- Layer in a large bowl - if you have a trifle-style bowl or other clear glass bowl, the layers look great in it. Start with the berry mixture as the bottom layer and end with the berries.
- Chill before serving.