2 cups vegetable broth or 2 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups
salt and pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets and slice about one-fourth of the top of each stem.
- Reserve 1 cup of florets.
- Put the broccoli, onion, garlic, and broth or water in a large saucepan
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and add the flour.
- Process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan; add the remaining ingredients and the florets.
- Cook over medium heat until the soup thickens and is heated through.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper and serve.