fresh French haricots vert, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
zucchini, trimmed, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
scallions, sliced thin
( or about 4 tbls. chopped chives)
hard-boiled eggs, sliced
( or chopped)
fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 -4 tablespoons
whole grain mustard
( Dijon is good)
3 -6 tablespoons
red wine vinegar
( or 2 tbls. red wine vinegar and 1 tbls. balsamic vinegar)
fresh ground black pepper
( or more to taste)
1 -2 tablespoon
fresh tarragon, finely chopped
( or 1/2 tsp. dried, chopped fine)
( to garnish)
- Place the potatoes in a pot. Cover with water, sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil. Cook about 15-20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain, rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the haricots verts and zucchini for about 2-3 minutes, until beans turn bright green. Strain them and rinse and drain in colander with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar(s), black pepper, and tarragon until smooth. Use the larger amount for lots of creamy dressing.
- Peel potatoes, cut into bite size chunks(1/2"-1"),.
- Place potatoes, zucchini and beans, scallions, eggs, and parsley into a serving bowl and toss gently with mayonnaise dressing. Garnish with chopped chives and serve warm or cold.
- If serving cold the next day, make a little more dressing and add some in when ready to serve. The potatoes absorb alot of the liquid and the salad may be a little dry.