unbleached all-purpose flour, preferably gold medal
( 2 cups)
6 1/4 ounces
water, 100 to 105 degrees
- Weighing the flour and water is highly recommended as there are many factors that can affect the absorbent qualities of the flour.
- Mix flour, yeast, honey and salt in a food processor with a steel blade.
- Run the machine and add water and oil through the top, process for 30 seconds.
- You may need to add just a bit more water if the dough feels dry.
- Place the dough into a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Set oven rack and pizza stone on lowest setting and preheat to 500 degrees.
- Remove dough from container and half.
- Place half on center of large sheet of parchment paper.
- Place large sheet of plastic wrap over dough and parchment.
- Allow dough to rise for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough sandwiched between the parchment and plastic wrap trying to achieve an even thickness.
- The dough should be about 14 inches in diameter.
- Peel off plastic wrap and top as desired.
- Place the pizza with parchment on the pizza stone and bake for about 10 minutes.
- The parchment should slide out easily and allow for easy transfer to a cutting board.
- Let cool and serve.