6 ounces uncooked udon noodles (thick, round fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or 6 ounces
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
snow peas, trimmed
minced peeled fresh ginger
low sodium soy sauce
garlic cloves, minced
serrano pepper, sliced
light coconut milk
fresh lime juice
( ground fresh chile paste)
1 (12 1/3 ounce) packages
lite firm silken tofu, cut into
chopped green onion
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add broth and next 6 ingredients (through serrano); bring to a boil. Cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in milk, lime juice, and Sambal oelek; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tofu; cook 5 minutes. Place about 1 cup noodles into each of 4 bowls.
- Ladle about 1 1/4 cups soup into each bowl; sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons green onions and 1 tablespoon cilantro.