2 (12 ounce) bags
( best quality)
1 (12 ounce) bags
( or walnuts coarsely chopped)
4 1/2 cups
( finely ground to 4 cups)
Hershey Bars, finely grated
- Place oatmeal in food processor, grind until a fine powder.
- Grate Hershey bar.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
- Slowly mix Hershey bar into sugar mixture.
- Add flour and oatmeal 1 cup at a time, alternating until all is incorporated.
- Stir in Heath Bits, Chocolate Chips, and nuts.
- Roll into to one inch balls, or use cookie scoop. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cookies should still be slightly underdone.
- Move to wax paper lined counter to cool, do not use wire racks.
- VARIATION: Substitute white chocolate chips for chocolate and Macadamia nuts for pecans.
- VARIATION: Omit grated Hershey bar, add one teaspoon cinnamon and substitute raisins for the chocolate chips.