jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
( about 2 lbs)
garlic cloves, minced
extra virgin olive oil
fresh lime juice
lime, cut into wedges
chorizo sausage, links cut on the bias into sixteen 1 inch pieces
Hass avocadoes, halved, pitted, peeled, wedged
coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water to prepare them for the grill.
- Toss shrimp, garlic, oil, and lime juice in a large baking dish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread 3 shrimp and 2 slices of chorizo onto each skewer, alternating pieces. Season with salt.
- Grill until shrimp are opaque and chorizo is slightly softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange avocados on a platter. Squeeze lime wedges over avocados and season with salt and pepper. Serve with shrimp and chorizo skewers.