( unpeeled & shredded)
mushroom, coarsely chopped
garlic cloves, minced
1 (19 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (5 1/2 ounce) cans
pepper, to taste
sugar, if needed
part-skim cottage cheese
part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
egg, lightly beaten
parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic, and cook until tender.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until mixture has spaghetti sauce consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Season with pepper to taste and add sugar if too acidic.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook lasagna noodles as directed on package (usually 10 to 12 minutes) until tender but firm.
- Drain and rinse under cold water the drain again.
- Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg and half of Parmesan.
- Cover bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish with a bit of the tomato sauce.
- Place 1 layer of cooked noodles in dish.
- Cover with half of cheese mixture.
- Repeat with remaining sauce, noodles and cheeses to make 3 layers of each ending with a final layer of tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.