garlic cloves, chopped
bell pepper, chopped
eggplants, peeled & cubed
tomatoes, peeled & cubed
1 (6 ounce) cans
dry red wine
- In a very large kettle, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until the onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, eggplant, bell pepper, tomato paste, basil, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, and wine; stir.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put into hot jars and seal.
- Makes 7 pints or 4 quarts.
- Process in hot water bath for 40 minutes.
- This is very good served over pasta with Mozzarella cheese.