2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons
Frank's red hot sauce
gluten-free baking mix
( I used Bob's Red Mill pancake mix)
brown rice flour
1 tablespoon seasoning salt or 1 tablespoon
preferred mixed herbs
- Mix together the milk, lemon juice, and hot wing sauce in a medium sized bowl. Add chicken and let marinate while preparing the flour mixture.
- Preheat about an inch of oil on medium high.
- Put the dry ingredients in a large zip lock bag and shake.
- Put 1 or 2 pieces of chicken at a time in bag and shake until well covered.
- When oil is hot, add 3 or 4 tenderloins at a time and cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Use an oven-safe plate to keep the first batch warm in the oven on about 170 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces. I like the hot wing sauce and ranch.
- You could make a cream gravy using the leftover seasoned flour. For example, melt 3 tablespoons butter, add 3 tablespoons flour mixture and cook for a few minutes, add 1-1/2 to 2 cups milk and stir until bubbly.