1 3/4 cups
dark brown sugar
light brown sugar
1 1/3 cups
limes, juice of
pure vanilla extract
- Thaw bananas if frozen. (I often store up my overripe bananas in a freezer bag in the freezer until I have enough to make something.).
- Peel bananas, and mash smooth.
- Mix water, lime juice, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger over medium heat and stir until thickened.
- Add mashed bananas and let cook 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rum during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Place hot banana jam into sterilized jars. Place lids on and seal.