( 12 cups, after cutting)
broken cinnamon sticks
- REMOVE peel from tomatoes and cut in small pieces.
- Slice oranges and lemons very thin and quarter the slices.
- Pour off juice from the tomatoes.
- Add sugar.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add oranges, lemons, and spices which have been tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
- Place mixture over high heat and boil rapidly, stirring often.
- Cook until clear and thick (about 50 minutes).
- Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in Boiling Water Bath 10 minutes.