frozen chopped broccoli
( or fresh broccoli florets)
onion, cut into quarters
1 -2 clove
1 1/2-2 cups chicken broth or 1 1/2-2 cups
( or combination of the two)
salt and pepper
- In a large pot, combine broccoli, onion, garlic, broth (I used vegetable broth) or water, and salt.
- Cover pot, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 15 minutes, or until everything starts getting soft.
- Use a ladle to transfer 2/3 of the soup into a blender.
- Blend the soup until smooth. (I just used my immersion blender until I was happy with the texture.)
- Pour back into saucepan and turn on heat to medium setting.
- In a small bowl, combine milk with flour and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into soup and stir.
- Add basil and parsley and stir until soup begins to thicken.
- Add vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.