salt and pepper
( or oil)
2 (8 ounce) cans
tomato puree dissolved in 4 tbsp water
2 1/2 cups
- Cube beef into about 1 inches squares.
- Toss meat in a bowl w/ 1Tbsp oil.
- Season meat w/ flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat rest of oil in pot and brown meat then remove.
- Add onions, tomato purree mixture and garlic to pot and cover.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes then reintroduce meat to the pot and add everything else except the potatoes.
- Add a light sprinkle of salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- With 45 minutes left add the potatoes and Serve.
- Best served with mashed potatoes but if you added the potatoes directly to the stew you will be fine.