instant dry milk powder
- Position rack in center and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch round cake pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined and set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar, scraping sides of bowl.
- In small bowl, beat milk, egg, milk powder, and vanilla.
- Pour into butter/sugar mixture. start at a low speed and increase to high until mixture is frothy.
- make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in milk mixture. using a wooden spoon, stir until flour just disappears. beat on high for 3 seconds.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. bake approximately 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, unmold onto rack, turn right side up, cool completely. frost and enjoy.