filet of beef
( or your favourite cut)
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons
butter, softened to room temperature
celery, finely chopped
green onions, chopped finely
( I did quite a generous one)
- Combine all butter ingredients in a bowl, make sure you mix well.
- Spoon butter into some foil, roll butter to form a log shape, twist ends of foil so you have what looks like a mini Christmas cracker.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add steaks, cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove steaks, discard marinade, grill, BBQ or pan fry steaks until cooked as desired. Allow steaks to rest before serving.
- Note: I slice the butter and place it on top of steaks while they are resting on a board so they are still hot enough to start to melt the butter.
- Serve steaks topped with a slice of butter and mash or roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables.