Cheesecake Filling Base
soft white cheese
( I used 9% fat, can use cream cheese)
White Chocolate Addition to Filling
white chocolate chips
Dark Chocolate Addition to Filling
dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- To make the base:.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the melted butter and pat into the bottom of a 26 cm diameter springform pan.
- Place in the oven to "set" for about 7 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling base:.
- Beat all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour half into a large, 4 cup measure cup, pour the other half into another 4 cup measuring cup. Alternatively, you can use jugs, pitchers, whatever is available, as long as it has a handle and a spout.
- Melt the white chocolate chips together with the cream and stir to blend.
- Add the cornflour and stir again.
- Add this mixture into one of the cheese filling jugs. Stir to blend.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips together with the cream and stir to blend.
- Add this mixture into the other of the cheese filling jugs. Stir to blend.
- Okay, here comes the fun part --
- Carefully pour a portion of the white chocolate filling into the middle of the crust.
- Now carefully (I mean CAREFULLY) pour a portion of the dark chocolate filling into the middle of the white filling.
- Now CAREFULLY pour some of the white chocolate filling into the dark chocolate filling.
- Now CAREFULLY pour some of the dark chocolate filling -- okay you get the picture?.
- Keep this up until you have a series of concentric circles. Again, I cannot mention it enough, do this carefully so you don't mess up the circles.
- Very carefully transfer this to the oven.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 120 degrees C and bake for a further 60 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake hang out in the cooling oven for another 2 hours.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let it hang out there for another 24 hours.
- When you cut slices you will have the most gorgeous white and dark "zebra-ed" portions.