1 (283.49 g) can
diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 (396.89 g) can
473.18 ml grilled chicken or 473.18 ml pork or 473.18 ml
- In a saucepan, combine the water, rice and juice from the 2 limes.
- Bring rice mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the onion and the garlic.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter.
- Saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes, white wine and beans.
- Simmer until most of the moisture boils off.
- If including meat, dice up some grilled chicken or pork or steak.
- To serve start with rice in bowl.
- Top with bean/tomato mixture.
- Top with meat if using and cheese, chopped cilantro, salsa, sour cream, etc.
- Eat with chips.