Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
garlic cloves, minced
parmesan cheese, grated
sun-dried tomato pesto
boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled
sweet onion, sliced and sauteed
- SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO.
- Lightly pack the tomatoes into a 2 cup measuring up. Cover with very hot water until just immersed. Set aside.
- Use a processor until the garlic cloves are chopped finely.
- Remove the stems from the basil and add the leaves to the food processor. Pulse until no whole leaves remain.
- Add the tomatoes and the liquid they soaked inches Process until smooth.
- Add Parmesan cheese, vinegar, and oil. Process until smooth.
- Preheat a panini-press up to 125°F.
- cut the French bread into 8" lengths. Slice in half lengthwise. Spread the top with sun-dried tomato pesto and spread the bottom with mayonnaise and Creole mustard.
- Layer the chicken breast on the bottom slice of bread. Top with sautéed onion and two slices of provolone cheese. Place top slice of bread.
- Press for about 10 minutes, or until bread is golden and cheese is melted.