fresh ground black pepper
ripe bananas, sliced
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm oven to 200 degrees F. or lowest setting - to keep fish warm.
- Mix the flour with the salt and pepper on a large plate.
- Dredge the flounder in the flour, shake off excess, and dip in the beaten egg.
- Combine the butter and oil in a large saute pan and put over med-high heat.
- Add the flounder fillets and saute quickly, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm oven.
- To the same pan, add the almonds and saute briefly, then add banana slices.
- Hold pan away from the heat (very important so it doesn't flame) and add rum. * Never pour rum directly from the bottle into a hot pan, since it is highly flamable.
- Return the pan to heat.
- Add the butter and nutmeg - adjust seasoning.
- Cook briefly and pour sauce over the flounder.