5 -6 medium
baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
( use a high starch, low moisture potato for best results)
green onions, diced
( may substitue a small onion diced)
ham, sliced in 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickeness, trimmed and diced
( I prefer Black Forrest Ham)
1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1% low-fat milk
havarti cheese, diced
- Mix the 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup with the milk until well blended.
- Butter the bottom of a 2 qt baking dish.
- Put aside 1/3 of the havarti cheese to place on top of the casserole.
- Place an even layer of potatoes on bottom of buttered baking dish, season with small amount of salt and pepper, layer ham, onions, cheese and the soup/milk mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Top with the remaining 1/3 of havarti cheese.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15-30 minutes until potatoes are tender and top of dish is light golden brown.