1 1/4 cups
1 1/2 cups
1 (6 ounce) packages
- First pour baking soda and boiling water over chopped dates set aside to cool.
- Cream together 3/4c shortening, 1c sugar, & 2eggs. Set aside.
- Date mixture-Sift together 1 1/2c flour, 2tbl sp Coacoa, 1/2 tsp salt.
- now add the date mixture to the creamed mixture and stir in the cooled dates.
- Put into a sprayed and lightly floured 9 X 13 pan. I just use Pam w/ flour nonstick spray.
- Topping- Stir together 1/2c sugar, 1c choc chips, 1/2c chopped walnuts. Mix together and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 min or untill toothpick comes out almost clean. Do not over bake!