( I prefer two cloves)
( I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 orange)
tomato sauce, low sodium
of canned white beans
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 ounces
( dry, uncooked)
- Prepare pasta according to recipe directions, omit salt, drain and set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans and set aside.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and celery, set aside.
- Mince garlic, set aside.
- Spray non-stick sauce pan with cooking spray and sauté onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic for 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat, or until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat and add tomato sauce, broth, spinach, basil and beans.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta (Pasta suggestion: Use any bite sized pasta such as small seashells, elbows or orzo).