1 1/2 tablespoons
( i used smart balance)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs; Mix in milk and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients all at once. Stir in nuts.
- Gather the dough into a ball and roll out between two pieces of waxed paper forming a circle 1/2 to 1-inches thick.
- Cut into 8 pie shaped pieces and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon onto the 8 scones.
- Bake for 20 minutes.