Spanish olives, such as manzanilla, with pits
orange, unpeeled, sliced into 1/8 inch circles
whole almond, with skin
sherry wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
fresh thyme sprigs
red chili pepper, halved lengthwise
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for about 2 hours.
- Drain the oil out (keep it to use as a bread dip!).
- Serve the olive mixture warm or at room temperature.
- They go nicely with assorted cheeses!