French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
( or butter-for each slice of bread)
( or Vegemite-for each slice of bread-more or less to taste)
1 (6 ounce) cans
( in olive oil)
Tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
( to garnish, or use parsley or herb of choice)
- Slice the bread in 1/2" slices and place on baking sheet. Toast bread under broiler until just turning golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread a little butter and marmite on the toasted bread slices and bake the bread and place under the broiler one more minute to heat.
- Drain the tuna and mash lightly. Set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and mix with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place one slice of tomato on top of toast. Top with tuna mixture and place a leaf of basil(or herb of choice) over the tuna. Enjoy!