extra virgin olive oil
finely diced red onion
finely diced red bell pepper
finely diced green bell pepper
garlic cloves, minced
organic tomato juice
reduced-sodium spicy vegetable juice
reduced-sodium Clamato juice
1 cup organic chicken broth or 1 cup
3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon
3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon
3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or 1 tablespoon
kosher sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
seeded diced fresh tomatoes
English cucumber, peeled, sliced thin, then diced
( about 1 1/2 cups)
- ONE DAY AHEAD:.
- Place olive oil in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onions, red and green peppers and garlic. Saute until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, V-8 juice, Clamato juice, chicken broth, parsley, basil and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Raise heat to high and bring mixture to boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and add tomatoes and cucumber.
- Stir to combine.
- Transfer soup to a covered container and refrigerate overnight to marry flavors.
- TO SERVE:.
- Transfer soup to individual bowls.
- Serve soup cold with sides of bread, cheese, croutons, or crackers.
- NOTE: The secret to a good gazpacho is the harmonious marriage of flavors. This soup is best at peak harvest season, when vine-ripened tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers are available.