cream of tartar
unsalted butter, cut into pieces
( 1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sift flour,sugar,baking powder, cream of tartar and salt into medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cream and stir just incorporated.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead 15 seconds.
- Pat dough into 1/2-inch-thick round, using heel of hand.
- Cut into rounds using a 1 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Pat scraps into disc and cut out additional rounds.
- Arrange biscuits on 2 large baking sheets spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until biscuits have risen and tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to racks; cool slightly.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.