salt and pepper
- Beat together eggs and water; season with salt and pepperl.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter in skillet. Pour in egg mixture. As mixture sets at the edges, with spatula, gently push cooked portions toward the center. Tilt and rotate the pan to allow uncooked egg to flow into the empty spaces.
- When egg is almost set on surface but still looks moist, cover one half of the omelette with filling, to taste. Slip spatula under the unfilled side, fold the omelette in half and slide onto a warm plate.
- Western Omelette: In 2 tablespoons melted butter, cook 1/4 cup finely chopped ham, 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers, and 1 tablespoons finely chopped onions until vegetables are tender but not browned. Pour into omelette.
- Strawberry-Orange Omelette: Replace water in Basic Omelette recipe with orange juice. Cook as directed. Fill with 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries. Sprinkle omelette with icing sugar or garnish with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Fine Herb Omelette: To the basic omelette recipe, add 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, 1 teaspoons finely chopped green onion, 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon and 1/8 teaspoons finely chopped garlic. Cook as directed.
- SERVING VARIATION:.
- Egg Dog: When eggs are almost cooked on top, slide omelette onto plate, Place cheese cubes or strips in a line close to one end, roll up, starting at end with cheese. Place cooked bacon strips and rolled omelette in hotdog bun.
- Pita Eggwitch: Place folded omelette inside a pita lined mayonnaise. Stuff tomato slices and lettuce leaves into pita.