freshly ground parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons
chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
boneless skinless chicken breasts, patted dry
- Combine crumbs, cheese and seasonings in a shallow dish.
- In a large dish beat egg with lemon juice.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture. Roll in crumb mixture and pat to ensure even layer of crumbs.
- Place on rack or wax paper.
- Heat butter and oil together in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add several peices of chicken at a time but do not crowd.
- Cook until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove to serving platter.
- Brown any remaining chicken pieces.
- Return all chicken to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes more or until chicken feels springy to the touch.