caster sugar, also known as berry sugar
cheek fresh mango, roughly chopped
icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F
- Grease six mini loaf tins. Set aside
- Combine castor sugar, flour, almond meal and coconut in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg whites and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the melted butter and stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the tins so that it reaches 3/4 of the way up the side.
- Press several pieces of mango into the cake mixture in each tin. Do the same with the dried cranberries.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden. Test the cake by skewering a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Remove cakes from the oven and cool in tins for about 4 minutes.
- Gently turn the cakes out of the tins and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- To store, keep friands in a air-tight container for up to a week.