( at 70 to 80 degrees)
1 1/2 teaspoons
active dry yeast
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place water, flour, sugar & yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix and knead dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
- (Add 2 TBS of flour after a few minutes if needed).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 8 balls.
- Roll each ball out into 20-inch ropes and form into pretzel shape.
- In a large sauce pan, bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Drop pretzels into water 2 at a time, boil for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove with slotted spoons and drain on paper towels.
- Place pretzles on a greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spritz or lightly brush with water.
- Sprinkle with salt and Enjoy!