loaf French bread, dry, broken up into small pieces
garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
( use Piri Piri if available)
- Soak bread in water until soft. Squeeze out the water and set the bread aside.
- In a soup pot, toast the garlic in the olive oil, just until it begins to barely brown.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add the bread to the pot and simmer, making a thick soup.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and Piri Piri.
- Cook for a moment.
- Place the soup in a tureen and garnish with the parsley.
- Break the eggs on top of the soup.
- Bring to the table and stir the eggs into the soup before serving.