thinly sliced green onion, including the greens
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 2 teaspoons
dried tarragon, crumbled
zest of one lemon
fresh ground black pepper
2 (6 ounce) cans
solid white tuna, well drained and flaked
8 slices French bread (or your favorite bread) or 8 slices
( or your favorite bread)
thinly sliced tomato
( 8 slices)
grated sharp white cheddar cheese
( about 1 cup)
- Mix the green onion, parsley, tarragon, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and mayonnaise in a medium sized bowl. Add the drained tuna, mixing with a fork to break up the flakes.
- Lay out four slices of bread. Divide the tuna mixture evenly onto the slices. Top each bread slice with tomato slices and grated cheese.
- Spread one side of the remaining four bread slices with butter.
- Place bread slices, buttered side up, on top of the cheese.
- Heat a large griddle, on medium heat.
- Place the sandwiches, buttered side down, onto the hot griddle. Gently spread butter on top of the bread slices.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side.
- Carefully turn them to the other side. Cook for another 3 minutes or so, until the second side is browned.
- Serve immediately.