strawberry ice cream
of tablespoons rose water
( add 2 at a time, tasting each time)
cream of tartar
green cardamom pods, seeds only
of chopped pistachios
- Place the strawberry ice cream in a large freezable, airtight container & gently mix in the rose water. Take your cardamom seeds & roughly grind then add to the ice cream. Place in the freezer to chill whilst you make the meringues.
- Preheat the oven to 150-160c. Whip the egg white until soft peak stage then whisk in the sugar & cream of tartar.
- Spoon the meringue mix onto a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil. Use the back of the spoon to smooth the meringue into flat circles approx 1cm high & 8 cm wide. Place in the oven & cook for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven off but leave the meringues in the oven to dry out for approx 1 hour.
- When the meringues have dried out & have been allowed to cool, chop them up & very gently fold them into the ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve the ice cream, spoon into individual serving bowls, top with chopped pistachios & rose petals if using - enjoy!