garlic cloves, minced
1 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes (rotel) or 1 (14 ounce) cans
chopped tomatoes with jalapenos
1 (8 ounce) cans
hot pepper sauce
- Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a rapid boil. Add pasta and cook, uncovered, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Peel and coarsely chop the onion and add to the skillet along with the garlic.
- Add the meat and cook until browned. Drain any fat.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, tomatoes with their juice, tomato sauce, and corn. Bring to a boil. Season wit salt and hot sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until ready to serve.
- When the pasta is done, serve topped with the meat sauce.