frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
( one standard package or about 1 cup)
feta cheese, crumbled
green olives, sliced
( one can)
sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
roasted garlic clove
fresh ground pepper
vegetarian ham, diced
( i use yves, can sub other vegetarian deli meat)
- prep pie shell according to package directions (usually brush with egg and bake at 375f for ten min) then turn oven down to 350f.
- meanwhile mix all other ingredients except eggs.
- mound fillings into pie shell, do not press down.
- beat eggs and carefully pour over top. you may need to adjust filling and egg amounts to fit your size pie shell. it should be very full but not overflowing the lip of crust. if you've over-filled be sure to put a baking sheet underneath to catch drips.
- bake for about 60 min or until set and inserted knife comes out clean.
- let firm up for 10 min before serving with a light salad and a dry white wine.