whole chicken, cut in pieces
russet potatoes, peeled and cubed in bite sized pieces
garlic, cloves peeled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan or dish, melt the butter in the oven.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Place the chicken pieces, potatoes and garlic cloves in the buttery pan, turning to coat. Arrange chicken so skin sides are facing up.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes basting with pan juices every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour syrup over chicken.
- Return to oven for another 20 minutes or until golden.