white potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
extra lean ground beef
garlic cloves, minced
salt, pepper to taste
onion, finely diced
green bell pepper, finely diced
( 1/2 can)
low-fat yogurt, strained to obtain sour cream consistency
cheddar cheese, shredded
- boil potatoes in salted water for 10 min, remove.
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- brown beef; season with thyme, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper.
- add onions and green pepper and stir until softened.
- add tomato paste.
- in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan assemble dish:.
- potatoes + beef mix + potatoes +yoghurt/sour cream + cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minute.
- serve with crusty bread and a salad.