lemon, juice of
lemon, zest of
- Prepare jars/lids.
- Peel and dice mangoes.
- Measure mangoes, pour into a kettle, and add equal amount of sugar.
- Add juice of 1 lemon and zest of 1/2 of lemon.
- Add just enough water to keep from sticking, about 1/4-1/2 cup.
- Cook until soft.
- Immersion blend until smooth or work in batches with a blender.
- Cook until thickened.
- (Ice cold plate method: before beginning, put a clean plate in the freezer, when the jam begins to thicken, test the thickness by dropping a spoonful on the cold plate. Cook until desired consistency.).
- Pour in jars and seal.