eggs, room temperature
cake flour, sifted twice
( heavy cream)
- Butter and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other half of the flour.
- Add Vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Set in COLD oven and turn heat to 350ºF.
- Bake 1 hour to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted in cake turns out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.
- Wrapped well, this cake will keep for several days.
- Note: while the original recipe did not suggest this, when I'm in the mood for something different I will add a teaspoon or two of orange or lemon extract for a lemon or orange pound cake.