532.32 ml chicken stock or 532.32 ml
59.14 ml freeze dried shallots or 59.14 ml
one large fresh shallot, finely minced
salt, use if using water instead of chicken stock
- If using dry shallots, rehydrate by soaking in 2 tbsp water for 5 minutes.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, sauté shallots in butter until lightly browned.
- Add both types of rice, chicken stock (or water), salt (if using), and bay leaves.
- Bring to a rapid boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes and do not remove the cover until the 45 minutes have passed. Fluff with a fork.
- If any liquid is left after 45 minutes, stir lightly, then continue to cook over low heat for about 5 more minutes, or until all water is gone.