semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons
mint sprig, for garnish,optional
- Heat milk in a small pan over moderate heat until it comes to a boil.
- In blender or food processor combine egg, sugar, a pinch of salt, semisweet chips, and liqueur.
- Run processor or turn on blender to low setting.
- Pour in boiling milk in a slow stream.
- Process or blend 1 minute, until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into 4 demitasse cups and chill.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and beat to combine.
- Top the chocolate cups with a dollop of cream and garnish each cup with mint sprigs.
- Place cups on saucers and serve with demitasse spoons.
- If you use teacups, this recipe will yield 2 cups, rather than 4.