garlic clove, minced
cornstarch, dissolved in
salt and pepper
2 (3 lb)
whole chickens, cut into eighths
( or boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs)
1 (1 1/2 ounce) packages
porcini mushrooms, dried
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil. Add mushrooms. Add cornstarch-chicken broth mixture, salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken pieces. Pat dry. Set aside on parchment paper placed in a large pan.
- Lightly run cold water through porcini mushrooms and drain well. Place them on paper towels and pat until absolutely dry. (Air-dry for a while.) Cut any large pieces by hand. Put them in a food processor. Process well. Add bread crumbs. Process until mixture becomes crumb-like.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika and curry powder. Coat chicken pieces, returning the coated pieces to the pan. Sprinkle with mushroom crumbs and additional paprika to give colour.
- Place chicken, uncovered, in oven. After 20 to 25 minutes, baste with half the mushroom sauce. After another 30 minutes add remaining sauce. Do not overcook chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken pieces, chicken should be cooked for about an hour and then checked.