- In saucepan, bring berries and water to a boil.
- Lower heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture through several thicknesses of cheesecloth, pressing pulp lightly with a spoon.
- Measure juice into saucepan, adding 1 cup sugar for each cup of juice.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Skim off foam.
- You can also use other berries, such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries (Note: Syrup can be bottled and preserved for later use. Just pour hot syrup into hot, sterilized jars. Seal.).