1 1/2 cups
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk and butter.
- Using a wooden spoon stir well and add flour. Beat vigourously and then leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a 20cm round frypan and pour in a ladlefull (about 1/4 cup) of batter into the pan.
- Run the batter evenly across the surface of the pan by tilting each way.
- Cook until small bubble appear, flip and cook on the other side. (If adding cheese do this before flipping and once melted in then flip to cook other side).
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and serve hot.